The exam is done. I’m in a cab on the way home. It’s beautiful and sunny and warm outside. I’m listening to the Arcade Fire. Fuckin’ A.
Off to write the exam. Wish me luck.
Just flipping around between channels and I’ve come across the Monty Python “Piranha Brothers” sketch.
“One of ’em was carryin’ a tactile nuclear missile…”
The playlist I’ve set up for the cab ride home tomorrow*:
- Arcade Fire . “Neighbourhood #1”
- The Fiery Furnaces . “We Got Back The Plague”
- Morningwood . “The nth Degree”
- The New Pornographers . “Letter From An Occupant”
- Troubled Hubble . “What We Do”
* Yes, I’m just this bored.
For the second meal in a row, we couldn’t bear the thought of the cafeteria food (our choices were veal, lamb, fish and leek soup) so eight of us ordered pizza and just finished scarfing it down. They even brought us some free pop so I snagged a dp on my way out. Score. I’m just settling in to do some more pseudo-studying and listen to the Canadiens game on streaming radio.
The Modern Mod (or WineBoffin, as he’s sometimes known) points out Slingbox’s announcement that they’ll bring their product to Canada. Sweet.
Doopy doopy doo. Whilst I wait for inspiration to strike (I’ve reviewed and studied about as much as I feel like iI can), here’re a few interesting tidbits of news that caught my eye:
- United 93 is premiering at the Tribeca film festival next month. It’s high on my list of must-see movies this spring, partly because of the gripping subject matter, and party because it’s directed by Paul Greengrass, whose work I enjoy immensely. I can only imagine it will draw some controversy, but it’s been 5 years since the attacks and if anyone can handle it, it’s New Yorkers. They’re not much for shying away from things.
- Toronto, on the other hand, has been hemming and hawing about the waterfront since before I moved here. However, as Christopher Hume reports in the Star, it appears they’re taking the first steps toward the redevelopment they’ve been promising for years. However, I shall believe it when I see it.
OK. Back to studying. Or pretending to study.
I just came *this close* to spilling my diet pepsi all over my Nomad. I would’ve cried like Geraldo at a disaster site.
A few of us couldn’t bear the thought of what we were offered for lunch, so we made a trip to Wendy’s. Now I’m all full and salty, but satisfied.
This afternoon’s gonna be very weird. I have little left to study, so I’m just going to review a few extra things and…I don’t know, relax I guess. Maybe catch up on some work or some emails. I guess I should be thankful that we’re getting it easy, but…I don’t know, I just feel like I’m being lazy. But we’re all in this boat.
It appears my wife and Neko Case have something in common: they once both had a crush on RenÃ© Simard.