Last night we watched CachÃ© (imdb | rotten tomatoes), a rather unsettling French film. It built tension slowly and steadily, but never plodded. It showed how terror can suddenly bubble up after years and years of a low, quiet simmer. It wasn’t until the end of the film that I realized the two most effective devices: excruciatingly long POV shots and a complete absence of music.
Highly recommended if you have an adult attention span.
- I didn’t know about Alberto Gonzales’ resignation until tonight. And here I could’ve been doing my happy dance* all day.
- Google cannot get a Toronto version of their transit planner fast enough.
- POGGE points out a very disturbing story: the Conservative party bypassing the democratic process. Couldn’t elect a Conservative candidate in a riding? Appoint a “regional liaison” instead. Incredible, and fairly scary, if it’s verified.
- Yay Canada.
- The Onion has the best headline of day: Woman Overjoyed By Giant Uterine Parasite. It recalls another brilliant article: Eight-Pound Man Removed From Woman’s Vagina.
* note: I do not have a happy dance.
[tags]cachÃ©, alberto gonzales, google transit planner, pogge, onion[/tags]
0 thoughts on “"I wanted you to be present."”
I do have a happy dance and let me tell you I was doing it in spades today!! But I’m afraid it might be short lived if Bushie nominates Chertoff
Episode VI: Return of the Brownie.