- My new mouse
- The Montreal Canadiens clinching their division for the first time since 1991-92 after pounding the Sens 3-0
- BSG returning this Friday
- Tomorrow’s forecast: 10° and sunny
- The new, not-quite-released-yet Constantines album Kensington Heights
- Income tax returns
[tags]logitech wireless mouse, montreal canadiens, ottawa senators, battlestar galactica, spring, constantines, kensington heights, income tax return[/tags]
I’m now more than 90% of the way through my MBA program. To tell you the truth I haven’t been thinking about it much lately. I haven’t worked on it — no reading, no writing, no ‘rithmetic-ing — for about a month, but I have an assignment due six days from now, so I think I know where my weekend is headed.
Man, would I love to go to Summercase in Spain this July. I have no desire to see an outdoor music festival, but Sweet Screaming Jesus would I ever love to see Mogwai play the entire Young Team album live.
This Richard Florida blog post contains three things that shock me:
- there are 17 large American urban school systems which have an expected high school graduation rate of below 50%;
- the average for the fifty largest American cities is 51.8%;
- the Detroit city school district — worst in the country — projects that less than one student in four will graduate.
Toronto, by comparison, runs about 75%.
[tags]mba, mogwai, young team, summercase, richard florida, american school system[/tags]
While I don’t expect it to last, it’s 12 degrees and sunny outside my window right now, so I’m calling it. Printemps, enfin.
This better not be an April Fool’s joke. Same goes for the long-range forecast, which says sunny and ten degrees on Saturday. I may just buy a frickin’ party hat.
[tags]spring, april fool’s[/tags]