Over the past few nights I’ve knocked off six (!) Project FiftyBrew entries. Volo has been, as expected, a goldmine of Canadian beer. Over two visits I had:
- Dieu du Ciel Route des Epices
- Scotch Irish Sgt Major IPA
- Scotch Irish John By Imperial Stout
- Dieu du Ciel Dernière Volonté
- Central City Red Racer IPA
- St. Ambroise 20th Anniversary Vintage Ale
Lots of interesting stuff in there. I don’t like IPAs that much, but I’m developing a taste for them, and especially liked the Sgt Major. The Route des Epices was as advertised (like there was cayenne in it) and the Dernière Volonté was pretty normal (but tasty) by comparison. The St. Ambroise Vintage Ale was, unfortunately, a barley wine and not to my liking. But I have a job to do, so I drank it down. Hopefully I’ll gain some kind of taste for them; I believe there are two or three more on the list.
Happily, I’ll be back at Volo this Monday. They have at least six more that I have to hit.