So, let’s see…since we got to New York less than twelve hours ago we:
- spent an hour getting the hell out of Newark airport, and another half an hour getting into Manhattan and to our hotel
- got our asses very quickly to Shorty’s, a bar around the corner from the hotel where I had my first Philly cheesesteak sandwich (delish!) and we tasted several great beers
- checked into our hotel, which has surprisingly spacious (for New York) rooms and great views
- went to see Al Pacino in Merchant of Venice, playing at the Broadhurst Theatre. Which was fantastic. And it was a little weird to be in the same room as Mssr Pacino, even if it was with a thousand other people.
- had dinner at Riposo 46, a wine bar on 9th. Nellie loved the prosciutto-wrapped truffle-oil-drenched asparagus, and I loved the sausage margherita flatbread, and we both loved our wine selections.
Seriously, we could go home right now and call it a good trip.
One thought on “Delay us, do we not drink fast to make up for it?”
[…] need a little extra grease in our bellies to be functional the next morning, so…back to Shorty’s for more […]