Yesterday Nellie and I dragged our slightly-hungover selves to the Session 99 craft beer festival. We’d bought tickets in advance, though I’m not sure why…we still had to buy drink tickets and we didn’t take part in all the events, so they were kind of a waste of money. Still…tasty beer and tasty food. Here’s what we drank:
- Granite Brewery: Summer Ale & Hopping Mad (cask)
- Stone Hammer: Dark & Strawberry Light Blonde (cask)
- Lake of Bays: Pale Ale & Red Ale
- Nickel Brook: Maple Porter & Organic White
- Hop City: Lawn Chair Weisse & Mr. Huff Pilsner
- Wellington: Blackened IPA
- Amsterdam: Big Wheel Amber & Urban Wheat
- Muskoka: Summer Weisse & Red Hop Chili Peppers
- Charlevoix Dominus Vobiscum Triple
They were all good, except the Wellington Blackened IPA, which was terrible. I also had an excellent pulled pork sandwich from Cowbell, and Nellie had a plate of charcuterie from Leslieville cheese market. We also had some treats from Sassy Lamb: a Canadian Mancake (a peanut butter cupcake with maple buttercream icing & bacon bits) and an Eye Opener (a coffee porter chocolate cupcake with espresso cream cheese icing). Supoib!
If it’s on again next year I think we’ll do it again, but not bother with the tickets, and not drink half a bottle of scotch the night before.