Jeez, what a week. I’m afraid to even come near my scale.
Wednesday was stellar catering from Food Dudes at an event.
Thursday was my first visit to Buca Yorkville, and holy shit. I mean, holy shit. What a meal, easily one of the best I’ve eaten this year:
- Starter: three smoked fish from Nova Scotia, including a scallop & lobster sausage (with a glass of Franciacorta)
- Main: calamarata alla carbonara di mare (pasta with pecorino, cured hen’s egg yolk, white fish roe, and sea urchin bottarga); ravioli di zuzza (pasta stuffed with roasted delicata squash, smoked burrata fonduta, and white truffles); and polipo e vongole (braised octopus, BC clams, veal bone marrow, carvola nero, crisp artichoke, and fregola sarda); all paired with some wine from Mt. Etna that I can’t remember now
- Dessert: lemon tart with gelato, paired with some kind of sweet wine which also escapes me
Saturday was all over the place:
- breakfast at XO Bisous
- an unsuccessful first visit to Greater Good (it was closed)
- a successful first visit to Blood Brothers
- a hurried walk to, and pint at, The Three Speed
- some purchases at Burdock‘s bottle shop (including their new collaboration with Pearl Morissette)
- way too much lunch at Libretto
- a few hours of work followed by espresso back at Boxcar
- a drink at Weslodge
- dodging costumed drunks on King Street
- enough junk food to kill a teenager
Somebody get me a vegetable, post haste.