Jeez, what a week. I’m afraid to even come near my scale.
Tuesday was a drink & bite at Richmond Station and dinner at La Bettola.
Wednesday was stellar catering from Food Dudes at an event.
Thursday was my first visit to Buca Yorkville, and holy shit. I mean, holy shit. What a meal, easily one of the best I’ve eaten this year:
- Starter: three smoked fish from Nova Scotia, including a scallop & lobster sausage (with a glass of Franciacorta)
- Main: calamarata alla carbonara di mare (pasta with pecorino, cured hen’s egg yolk, white fish roe, and sea urchin bottarga); ravioli di zuzza (pasta stuffed with roasted delicata squash, smoked burrata fonduta, and white truffles); and polipo e vongole (braised octopus, BC clams, veal bone marrow, carvola nero, crisp artichoke, and fregola sarda); all paired with some wine from Mt. Etna that I can’t remember now
- Dessert: lemon tart with gelato, paired with some kind of sweet wine which also escapes me
Friday was a long day at work, a quick stop for cheese and beer and wine at Boxcar Social, and then meeting some friends for drinks and delicious pork belly steam buns at Bar Hop.
Saturday was all over the place:
- breakfast at XO Bisous
- an unsuccessful first visit to Greater Good (it was closed)
- a successful first visit to Blood Brothers
- a hurried walk to, and pint at, The Three Speed
- some purchases at Burdock‘s bottle shop (including their new collaboration with Pearl Morissette)
- way too much lunch at Libretto
- a few hours of work followed by espresso back at Boxcar
- a drink at Weslodge
- dodging costumed drunks on King Street
- enough junk food to kill a teenager
Somebody get me a vegetable, post haste.