That weekend was a lot.
Saturday we met said friend (and two of her friends) at Bonjour Brioche for brunch, then wandered around Leslieville for a bit before heading out to a talk at a contemporary art gallery. After that we hiked back across town for a quick bite at Duke’s Refresher before attending the 2017 instance of the Session craft beer festival. Here’s what I drank:
- Muskoka “Hazed & Confused” IPA
- Nickel Brook “Raspberry Uber” Berliner Weisse
- Stack “Expansion” Sour IPA
- Barnstormer “Wind-Shear” Watermelon Summer Ale
- 3 Brasseurs “Sanssouci” Berliner Weiss W/ Strawberry & Hibiscus
- Sawdust City “I Swear Sugarpants, It Was Your Idea” Brown Ale
- Big Rock “Withorse” Witbier
- St-Ambroise Baltic Porter
- Sawdust City “Olde BA Johnston’s Finest” Malt Liquor
- Whitewater “Midnight” Oatmeal Milk Stout
For the second year in a row, 3 Brasseurs surprised me and probably won the day. After the fest we met up with friends at Barrio Cerveceria on their enormous patio.
Sunday we met brother #1 for breakfast at Over Easy during a stopover on his way to a work thing. We kind of assumed we’d have some time to relax after that, but the friend-in-town had some more time free so Lindsay spent time with her roasting to death in a park while I cleaned up a bit, then we met at Sweet Jesus for decadent soft-serve and went back to Barrio for patio drinks. To end the weekend Lindsay made a delicious cheese + spinach pasta with chorizo sausage for dinner, and then we died.
Cover photo by Patrick Gage, used under Creative Commons license