Last Saturday Lindsay and I and our friend Sarah, after drinks at our place, made an impromptu trip up the street to Ruby Watchco. We hadn’t been in quite a while, and my last experience there wasn’t the best, but we were hungry and the menu looked good and Lindsay could limp there, so.
Stupidly I forgot to write down what we ate, and it was of course gone from the website the next day, so to the best of my memory here’s what we had:
- a salad that I can’t really remember at all
- smoked trout rillette
- rosé, which I think was the 2018 ‘Beausoleil’ St. John’s from Languedoc
- Thai lemongrass-marinated steak
- butternut squash & ricotta dumplings
- uh, some red…honestly, I can’t remember what for the life of me
- Ontario cheddar
- Chardonnay, which I’m relatively sure was the 2016 Rickshaw from Santa Barbara
- Panna Cotta
- Cantina Formigine Pedemontana ‘Tramontino’ NV Lambrusco
It should be noted that my lack of memory does not represent a lack of quality. It was an amazing meal.
Bonus: surprise Trinette sighting.