Last night we had dinner at Wynona with new friends E+K. It was a delight, and delicious. To wit: neither of us felt great this morning.
This right here was the lineup:
- grilled house focaccia
- burrata w/ fig, ham, honey, almond, fennel pollen
- little gem salad w/ buttermilk dressing, soft-boiled egg, crispy quinoa, feta
- charred eggplant w/ sugar snap peas, tahini yogurt, dukkha
- dry-aged rib eye
- cavatelli w/ duck confit, hen-of-the-woods, cured egg yolk
- bottles of Mencia, Pais, & Cabernet Franc
- dessert: something chocolate-based, something custard-based, and some late-harvest Semillon
On our way home we made a stop at Chez Nous for one more glass of wine. Which, of course, turned into more than that.
I dragged my ass out of bed this morning to get to the first class in my next wine course, only to find the college had cancelled the course and just not told me. Great. Cool.
I didn’t have much left in me for today, so we just sat on the couch and watched Booksmart (imdb | rotten tomatoes) which was extremely funny.