The absolute dead zone of movie watching continues, but the tear through TV shows (to say nothing of the old shows we watch over and over and over and over and over) is going strong. To wit:
- We killed Queen’s Gambit in 24 hours, like pretty much everyone else. We also loved it, like pretty much everyone else.
- Someone recommended the Starz documentary Seduced: The NXIVM Story, and it was okay. Interesting story; weird, soap-y way of telling it. Slightly bizarro for me was seeing Callie from Battlestar Galactica, who I’d kind of had a crush on, as a cult sub-leader. 😦
- Lindsay had watched most (all?) of Grace and Frankie, and convinced me to join her on the re-watch. I really like it. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are just so strong. So are the rest of the cast.
- We’re throughs season one of Line of Duty, and are well into season two.
- We destroyed Big Mouth season 4 over two days. So smart, so profane.
We’re almost done the latest season of Westworld but stalled out. We also stalled out a few episodes into season 1 of Succession. I started Lovecraft Country but don’t quite know what to make of it. I have yet to start the last season of Mr. Robot or Killing Eve or even The Mandalorian for crying out loud. Plus countless others I’m missing. So yeah, as much as we’re on a tear, we still have some work to do.