Last night we made our first visit to an all-time fav since before the pandemic: Jacobs & Co. It was…just! so! delicious! Here’s what we had:
- A dozen oysters
- Caesar salad
- Vilmart & Cie “Grand Cellier” 1er Cru Champagne
- 14oz Canadian Prime Ribeye from Guelph, Ontario, aged 55 days
- 8oz A5 Black Tajima Wagyu California Cut Striploin from Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan
- Duck fat french fries, Bok Choy, and mixed mushrooms
- 2010 Antinori Solaia
- Ice cream
- 2009 Chateau Guiraud Sauternes
- Graham’s 20-year Tawny Port
The highlights were the Wagyu and the Solaia, as well as the service — it seemed such a treat to have someone knowledgeable banter and teach and bring us steak & wine. Not the kind of meal you can snap off regularly, but certainly worthy of coming back from such a long absence.
A note on the neighbourhood: Jacobs is one of the very few reasons we’d actually go to the entertainment district, and MAN were we blown away by how many people were out. Sidewalks were full, patios were full, clubs looked open…it was like a normal Friday night down there. Pretty crazy compared to the relatively sedate east end.