I have to pick a topic for my term paper. We’ve been told to do this early, so all the good ones aren’t gone, but my brain still thinks it’s in the grace period between courses where it can shut off and concentrate on naught but NBA playoffs and snickerdoodles. Maybe y’all can help? Here’s the direction the prof gave us:
Any topic in the area of strategic leadership and change is potentially acceptable for the paper. I suggest you pick a topic: (1) of personal interest and whose mastery is likely to make a positive difference to your career; (2) for which academic research material is accessible in reasonable quantity (perhaps through our library); and (3) narrow enough to be do-able within imposed time and space limitations. Acceptable topics include, but are not limited to:
- alternative cost leadership (or differentiation) approaches and their performance implications in your industry;
- alternative customer-centric strategies and their implications for your company’s performance;
- personnel diversity, organisation strategy, and organisation performance;
- reward systems, behaviours, and organisation performance;
- dimensions and performance implications of the your company’s organisation culture;
- why and how your company should become a better learning organisation;
- alternative large-scale change strategies and their implications for your company.
Any ideas? The only one I’ve had so far involved distilling and bottling my monstrous apathy and releasing it into the water supply of our competitors, but the ROI on that…not good.
[tags]mba, term paper, strategy[/tags]