Before we dash off on another weekend excursion (Prince Edward County…yet another wine trip) I thought it prudent / inoffensive / who cares? to do a brain dump of recent consumption:
- The new albums by Best Coast, Swans and Junip are really quite good
- Speaking of Junip, I’m pissed at the internet for taking so long to tell me about Jose Gonzales‘ brilliant cover of “Born In The USA”
- The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest (imdb | rotten tomatoes) was better than The Girl Who Played With Fire, but still wasn’t great
- Corin Tucker‘s new album 1,000 Years is quite something, especially “Doubt”. If Wild Flag‘s debut album is this good it’ll be almost as good as a Sleater-Kinney reunion
- Neil Young‘s new one Le Noise sounds like he’s trying to sound as loud as Neil Young & Crazy Horse all by himself. And I kind of like it.
- Iron Man 2 (imdb | rotten tomatoes) was okay.
- New albums by The Black Angels, Japandroids, Robert Plant, Sleigh Bells, Sharon Van Etten, Black Mountain, The Walkmen and Wolf Parade weren’t quite good enough for me to buy them, but I did pick up some excellent songs from each one.