In our eatholes:
- honey garlic adobo wings w/ sesame seeds and chillies
- BC salmon confit w/ yuzu vinaigrette, beet puree, pickled beets & carrots, and crispy salmon skin
- spicy charred Brussels sprouts w/ chili jam, oyster sauce, lime, and crispy anchovies
- market fish curry, grilled over Japanese charcoal in Thai-style curry w/ zucchini savoy cabbage, cilantro, and peanuts
In our drinkholes:
- Burdock Leela (grape ale aged on Cabernet Franc skins from Pearl Morissette)
- Burdock Auko (Sour Dark Ale aged a year in Cabernet Franc barrels with raspberries, sour cherries and Cab Franc skins)
- Bellwoods blood orange Jelly King
- Blood Brothers spiced cherry Paradise Lost
The salmon, Brussels sprouts, and fish curry were all killer, and the Auko is one of the best beers I’ve had in quite a while.
Also, as with our previous meals there, dinner cost about $60 less than I would have expected. Always a nice bonus when the food’s that good.
Cover photo from the Burdock site