It’s been a busy ten days. Last week I got to go to the Leafs home opener against the Canadiens. It was my first sporting event in a crowd since…I have no idea when. The Canadiens lost — they’ve only lost so far this season — and after the game I saw a drunk Leafs fan get hit by a car. So there was that.
Earlier this week Lindsay’s mom was in town. On Tuesday we had a tremendous birthday dinner at Ascari Enoteca:
- olive oil poached tuna w/ apple, fennel, cashew, and chili emulsion
- Wisconsin burrata w/ heirloom tomatoes, romesco, pine nuts, and focaccia crisps
- arancini w/ nduja sugo, basil, and grana padano
- glasses of La Rondinina Lambrusco
- linguine w/ octopus, nduja, tomatoes, red pepper, and caper bread crumbs
- spaghetti alla carbonara w/ house made guanciale, grana padano, pecorino, egg yolk, and black pepper
- ricotta gnocchi w/ hen of the woods mushrooms, sunchoke, chives
- bottle of 2017 Palmento Costanzo ‘Mofete’
On Wednesday we went to see Blindness, my first play, or something resembling it, since…I really have no idea when. It was a very intense sound & light experience, to the point where I was worried I might pass out or be sick. But still really interesting and good.